Here are some things that happened on this date in history.
- 1966 – Miranda Rights are established.
- 1972 – Hurricane Agnes was formed.
- 323 – Alexander the Great dies.
- 1975 – Linda Ronstadt has her first #1 hit on the charts.
- 1971 – The New York Times published the Pentagon Papers.
On this day in history, the following events happened that we thought our listeners/readers would be interested in.
- 1944 – John F. Kennedy receives medals for heroic actions when he was a gunboat pilot during World War 2.
- 1971 – “Honey Comb” earns a #1 hit with Want Ads.
- 1987 – Reagan challenges Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin wall during the Cold War.
This is a new segment that we are starting called “This Day In History.” We just picked a few tidbits of history that might interest our readers.
- In 1979 actor John Wayne dies of cancer.
- 1949 Hank Williams Sr. makes his Grand Ole Opry debut.
- 1963 University of Alabama desegregated.
- 1967 Six Day War Ends.